Saturday, April 25, 2009

I finished!!!


I actually finished it!!! And I'm so glad it's over!!!


It was incredible, and awful!!! :) We've been training in cool weather for the past few months, so I didn't handle the heat very well. I wanted to quit at every mile, but Shannon helped me get through it!!! Thanks Shannon!!!

We had set a new goal of 2 hrs 15 min, but didn't make that. I was just so glad to see that finish line!!! We haven't received the results, so I'll post that at a later time.

We put Hebrews 12:1 on the back of our shirts. It was great how many people stopped to ask us what that verse was!!! Thankfully, Shannon was able to tell them because I didn't feel up for much talking.



"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." - Hebrews 12:1

The bands and encouragement from the people watching were wonderful...really helped take my mind off it somewhat :) And the people with the hose pipes were such a blessing...I really needed that!!!

We found another verse recently that is awesome, too...

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize." - 1 Corinthians 9:24

Most importantly, I want to thank the Lord...he carried me!!! I give him all the glory for my accomplishment today (and for putting people in my path to help me along)!!!!

It was an incredible experience...I had chill bumps the whole time and even shed a few tears!

No comments: