Sunday, March 22, 2009

12 miles!!!

I'm currently training for the Country Music 1/2 Marathon...thanks to my sister, who asked if I would do it with her. I never would've done this on my own!! Thanks Shannon!! For the past few months, I've really doubted my ability to reach this goal...I've thought about giving up so many times, but I was able to complete 12 miles yesterday!!!! Without the encouragement of my sister, the rest of my family, trainer, and training group I never would've come so far! But I really have to give all of the credit to the Lord!!! I've never been athletic, and actually consider myself kinda weak :) so the fact that I'm able to do any of this is due to Him giving me the strength!! I give Him all the glory and praise!!!!

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life."
Proverbs 13:12

During our Sunday School class today, we talked about Solomon and vision mapping. Solomon defined hope as a well-founded and confident belief that a specific vision will be fulfilled within a specific amount of time. Hope that is fulfilled produces progress toward the goal, but hope that is deferred produces the opposite. We talked about how we should be deliberate when we make goals, and put down specifics and dates...that we have to do our part!!! During most of my training so far, I haven't put in the miles I really needed to...I've just put it off for one reason or another, and I was always the slowest at our training runs on Saturdays (and usually had to walk part of the time). Well, I worked hard to put in my miles this past week and I prayed that if this was part of His plan for my life to please give me the strength to do it...I was able to keep up with the group for once and I didn't walk at all. It was all Him!!! (because I know I couldn't do that on my own!)

Without Him, this would only be a dream...but with Him, this dream is becoming a reality!!

I can't wait to cross the finish line in a few weeks...I'll be praising the Lord the whole way!! And I can't wait to see what He has in store for me in the days, weeks, and years to come!!

Have a great week!!,
Shanda

No comments: